Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Hello? Is anyone there?

Blog? I have a blog?

If I have anyone left who actually reads this, I apologize. I don't think I've ever gone this long without posting something. Again, it's because we've had so much going on, and some of it is not blog-able, And it's all been keeping me busy and a little crazy. Three big updates today:

1. Most importantly, my grandmother passed away Sunday morning. She has been going downhill for the last six months, but has really had a hard time in the last 3 weeks, and was very ready to go home. I'm sad of course, but mainly concerned for my mom and aunt. After losing Kelly's mom last year, I don't even want to think about losing your own parent. And of course, my mom has been her primary caretaker in that she was the one going to the nursing home every day, making sure everything was taken care of, her hair cut, her doctor appointments made, etc. It will be a big hole in her life.

2. Today, Hailey got her cast off! She had a hip to foot cast for 5 weeks, then a short cast for 4 weeks. Today she got a break boot that she will wear for 4 weeks, taking it off only to sleep and bathe (yay for a real bath!). She is very excited.

3. We started school, have now added in all subjects. It certainly keeps me busy all morning. With a kindergartner learning to read all the way up to a high schooler, I am definitely being stretched this year. So far the two online classes Kora is taking are working well for us. She though she is, she is liking the online class. Go figure.

If you are interested, here's the obit for my grandmother, who will be missed, but who we know is in glory.

No comments: