Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I Guess It's Time

Early this morning, I heard the pitter-patter of little feet over my head coming from upstairs. As it wasn't quite 6 am yet, I figured Lauryn was getting up to go to the restroom. Just before I turned over and went back to sleep, I thought, "I need to tell Lauryn to quit running when she goes to the bathroom in the middle of the night."

As I was fixing Lauryn's hair this morning before breakfast, and before I can get on to her, Lauryn tells me:

"This morning, really early, Ashlynn got up and climbed out of her crib and went out of our room and then she went downstairs. I had to go after her to try to get her to come back into our room but she wouldn't come. And then I prayed with her because she was a little scared and then I finally got her to come back upstairs with me back to our room and I helped her back into her crib."

I'm glad I hadn't gotten on to Lauryn yet! I told her I thought it was her going to the bathroom, and she smiled and said, "No it was just Ashlynn." JUST Ashlynn.

Kelly and I have a couple of projects in the next two days. He needs to get the toddler bed down from the attic and I need to find a knob cover and put it on the INSIDE knob of Ashlynn's bedroom. I have nightmares about toddlers roaming the house in the night and either hurting themselves, setting the house on fire, or most likely, figuring out how to turn the dead bolt and escaping out the front door in to the dark of night.
My thoughts exactly, Ashlynn.

1 comment:

Katie said...

A knob cover, just the answer I needed to my issue with Dawson opening and closing his door over and over again at 6am. Thanks!!!