Sunday, October 31, 2010

Wilderness

A month ago Kelly found out that the contract he'd been working, which was up for renewal, had not been awarded to the company he worked for, but rather had been awarded to a competitor. Thus he had 30 days to find a new job. In a way, we weren't terribly disappointed - the shift work schedule had taken a toll on our family.

It was a stressful 2-3 weeks, because though he had put in for many jobs and sent several resumes, it wasn't until last week that we really began to hear anything. Then all of a sudden he had multiple interviews within a week and was offered what looks to be a very interesting job with a good company with great benefits. So the result of this "bad news" is a better job with better hours, better pay, holidays off, and better benefits.

I have to admit to not being very peaceful during that month of uncertainty. I wondered what God was doing "to" us. Why, after a very hard year and a half, we were having to go through more, especially with holidays coming up on us. But then as I look back in the last year and a half, I haven't trusted in His sovereignty as much as I should have. I have questioned, doubted, distrusted, wavered. I just pray that this time in the wilderness has equipped me to face any giants that might be in the land in our future.

No comments: