Thursday, April 9, 2009

Excerpts from Maundy Thursday

I promise I do have some longer blog posts in the works, but for tonight I had to share something that happened at dinner tonight.

Kelly was reading the passages from Luke about the Lord's Supper and his prayer at the garden and then we were discussing it with the girls. Then Kelly got to this section:

Luke 22:36

And He said to them, "But now, whoever has a purse is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his robe and buy one.
The girls then got the weirdest look on their faces. I just thought it was because it was strange to think of the disciples needing swords. But what really worried them was the robes.

Or rather the lack of them. They were picturing a bunch of naked disciples running around, brandishing their swords. Kelly and I got a good laugh out of that one before he explained that it meant their outer cloak or coat. So much for a serious discussion about Holy week!

No comments: