Tuesday, June 5, 2007

And now on to some fun stuff


Now that the house has been dealt with, we have moved on to something a little more fun! Kora has been begging me to help her sew some clothes for her Violet doll - do you remember the old fashioned, er uh, vintage doll? Well I found some McCall's patterns for dolls with vintage designs.

So Kora picked out a pretty purple fabric and is in the process of cutting out her first pattern. This morning I went over the sewing machine with her, showing her how to thread the machine and sew a straight line. This evening we cut out the pattern pieces, I showed her how to pin them, and she began cutting out the dress.

Aubrey is still hemming up a little dress I helped her cut out several weeks ago. This dress she has completely hand sewn, but when she completes it, I'll let her pick out a vintage-y dress and we'll get to cutting that one out as well. Don't know how much of the machine work she'll get to do though - I may have to help her a little more than I will Kora. :)

Aubrey is also starting her second crocheted doll blanket. She has really taken to the crocheting. I'm gonna have to brush up on my knitting so I can teach that too. If anyone knows how to "purl" let me know so I know who to ask for help!

3 comments:

Granny said...

I can cast a mean purl...bring your yarn the next time you're gonna see me :-)

Cottle Clan Dobermans said...

Gen. Anthony McAuliffe in WWII, but of course there is controversy over everything so that may not be the actual quote.

Jeremiah loves this show too and we watched the episode where this was brought up.

Cottle Clan Dobermans said...

oops posted this on the wrong thread lol