Friday, June 1, 2007

Bits and Bites

Sorry Kim - I think you jinxed me! I have not had a spare moment in the last two days to blog, so I promise I wasn't trying to dodge the tag.

Just tonight I had to take Brynna to a Pediatric Urgent Care clinic because an insect bite she received in the last couple of days had obviously become infected. It had spread from about the size of a quarter at supper last night to 10 times that size, was red, hot, and swollen so much it hurt her to wear sandals. Thankfully the doctor believes we caught it in time before IV drugs were needed, although it is still a possibility if it get worse or she starts running a fever. We were sent home with a script for some really strong antibiotics, which the doc said tastes really bad. Thank the Lord for the flavors CVS will add for $2.99! Lora, I so understand better what happened to you a few months ago!

OK Kim, my five favorite restaurants are, in no particular order:

SONIC - Route 44 Dr. Pepper, easy ice. 'Nuff said.

GRINGO'S - family Mexican food place. If we take the family out, this is where we go. All seven of us can eat for around $30-$35.

PANDA EXPRESS - I LOVE their orange chicken. Stay away from the spring rolls though.

JOE'S CRAB SHACK - This has been Aubrey's (my friend, not my daughter) and my official girls-night-out restaurant. . . until last night. Last night Aub and I went out for the first time in a long time, only to find out that Joe's has done away with the twice baked potato! We both always order the coconut shrimp, twice baked potato and a salad. And Dr. Pepper of course. But Joe's has changed the menu and no longer has the potatoes. I tell you, we felt like crying. We also decided that the next GNO, we are going to Red Lobster, who now carries coconut shrimp as well. And if they don't have twice baked potatoes, then we won't care, because they have the best cheese garlic rolls ever. For those of you who know Aubrey you will understand how good those potatoes were: they were mixed with BACON and she still ate it and loved it! It was a sad turn of events indeed.

ANYPLACE WHERE SOMEONE ELSE COOKS MY FOOD FOR ME, BRINGS IT TO ME, ALONG WITH AN ENDLESS SUPPLY OF DR. PEPPER, AND WHERE NO ONE EXPECTS ME TO CUT UP THEIR FOOD FOR THEM - this would be anyplace that Kelly takes me (or where I go with Aubrey) sans children.

Because I think that every mommy of little ones I know would agree with me on this last one, I don't think I'll tag anyone this time.

No comments: