Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Aubrey's Recital

I apologize for the lengthy absences on my blog. I have been both busy and not feeling very well. However, we need to catch up!

One of the biggest events of the year for my two oldest girls is the spring recital, which took place this last weekend. Both sets of grandparents come in and spend the weekend. Saturday morning was Aubrey's recital. She played the "Sleeping Beauty Waltz." Her teacher told her to dress like a princess, which is why she's wearing a tiara in some of the pictures. I asked her teacher if she was joking, and she told me, "I never joke about accessories."

Here's Aubrey receiving "The Most Improved Student" award for her age category.
She wore that medal for the rest of the day and to Kora's recital on the next day. My guess is that she probably slept in it!

She did a marvelous job. She was one of the few students in that recital who had their piece memorized. We are very proud of her!

No comments: