Monday, May 4, 2009

And the verdict is...

Remember the dress dilemma? To recap: I wasn't sure whether to go ahead and start looking for a formal for Kora's recital or not, because I wasn't sure which recital she would perform in. If she was is the same one as last year, it is Sunday dressy. If she was put in the most advanced of the recitals the conservatory hosts each spring, it would be formal.

In this post, I told how God provided a dress for her in such an amazing way. But we wouldn't know until today if she needed it or not.

Today both Kora and Aubrey performed their pieces before all the piano teachers at the conservatory. Their critique is meant not only prepare the students for recital, but also to place them in the appropriate recital.

Aubrey did very well. She was quite nervous at her first jury, but did very well. Kora was also nervous, but the teachers were very complementary. And...

we are going to need the dress after all! She made it into the "Grand Piano recital." Now I just need to do a slight alteration to the dress. I also love God's timing! I am so thankful not to have to go dress shopping right now, as the next two weeks are quite hectic.

4 comments:

walkmom said...

Congratulations, Kora!

shelley said...

It was a joy listening to her play today--she is so poised for her age! I know she's been working hard--when she walked out of the room, all four of us nodded simultaneously, so pleased with how well she did!

Candace/Chloe said...

Way to go Kora!!!

VLS said...

We can't wait to hear you both play. I'll have my camera primed to go! See you in 2 weeks!!! Love you both! Granny & Granddad