Friday, June 19, 2009

Offended

This little girl is 14 months old today. She can run, she can climb stairs, she can shove food in her mouth quite expertly. She can play peek-a-boo, pat-a-cake, she can point to her nose, mouth, tummy, and sometimes her eyes. She can blow kisses and wave bye-bye. If you lift her up so that she can reach them, she can turn doorknobs to open the door.
She's been saying "Da-da" and "Daddy" for months now. She can also say "uh-huh" and recently started saying something that sounds a lot like "thank you," though it comes out more like "Dah doo." But you know what she doesn't do and never has?

She has never said "Ma-ma."

NOT. ONCE.

NEVER.

If she weren't so dang cute I'd be mortally offended. After all, she's the first one who hasn't said it well before her first birthday. If she were my first child, I'd be crushed, probably in therapy. But I know that eventually she'll be whining "ma, ma, ma, ma, ma..." constantly and I'll wonder why I ever wanted her to learn to say that word.
For now, I'll try to figure out a way to hold this over her head when she's older. :-)

No comments: