Sunday, August 2, 2009

It's been a while - Conversations with a 4 year old

Last weekend, while we were at my in-laws' house, the white noise maker/alarm clock in the little girls room went off at 5 am both mornings for some unknown reason. It was playing a Spanish station very loudly. When we came home, I thought that the alarm would no longer be set, so I plugged in the clock and put the kids to bed as we got home very late.

5 am the next morning - in which I had hoped to sleep in - I felt a tap on my arm.

Me: Huh? What?

Lauryn: Mama, there's something in our room. And it's WRONG! You need to come here.

When I got upstairs and heard a radio station playing I realized that the stupid alarm clock was still set, though it was playing in English now. Fortunately, the baby slept right through it. And I think Lauryn actually said, "You need to come hear!"

****************************

Friday night we were watching Fellowship of the Ring, and the scene came up where they were sailing by the Argonath - two large statues on either side of a river. The next morning, Lauryn was talking to her sisters at breakfast about the statues.

Lauryn: Yeah, they were really big. And the were stoned.

****************************

Saturday, after watching Return of the King, Lauryn started talking to me about the last battle before the Black Gates.

Lauryn: There needed to be more good guys. The good guys were only in a circle. But there were a lot of bad guys, like 199 of them.

No comments: