Friday, August 7, 2009

16 Years

Today is our sixteenth wedding anniversary. Why yes, we were very young when we got married.

Two years ago I announced I was pregnant on our anniversary.

Last year, I spent a week or two leading up to our anniversary posting old pictures of Kelly and I - some before we even met, like this one which Kelly says he'll never live down, as well as early pictures of us - prom, choir, engagement, and wedding pics. For "A trip down memory lane" parts 1-8, go here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here.

So what am I going to do this year to top all that???

Nothing. Nada. Zip, zilch, zero.

The last year, especially the last 6 months, has been an interesting time as we've both dealt with health issues, are getting a new business up and running (or crawling as the case may be), and of course dealing with family, from the 6 kiddos running around to my MIL & her bout with cancer. I just don't have a creative cell left in me right now. I feel sucked dry. And of course, this cast I'm lugging around makes me feel just so romantic. Maybe I can drown my uncreative sorrows in Dr. Pepper and coconut shrimp tonight.

Happy Anniversary. honey!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy Anniversary Sweety!

Love you!

VLS said...

I called Friday night while you were out dancing and partying. Aubrey told me that you weren't there. Then she says real cheerily: "But you can call either one of them on their cell phones."

You notice you did NOT get a call from me on your anniversary!

Congratulations on 16 years! Love you both very much! VLS