Tuesday, February 20, 2007

He's got a ticket to ride...

A couple of weeks ago, the whole family was in the Suburban driving to our pastor's house. Here is a snippet of the conversation:

(Kelly punches the gas pedal to get around a slowing car.)

Kora: How fast are you going? The speed limit is only 35.

Me: Not as fast as it sounded. That was just the engine revving up you heard.

Kora: Well, if Daddy goes too fast he'll get a ticket.

Brynna: A ticket to what?



And Saturday night, after Brynna received her allowance, she counted up and discovered she had saved up enough money to buy a Barbie doll she has been wanting. So we got on the computer and ordered it. Hailey had been down here with us while we were looking for the cheapest place, but had soon wondered upstairs. When we finally placed the order, Brynna rushed upstairs to find Hailey.

Brynna: Hailey, I got her! I bought Courtney!

Hailey (examining Brynna's hands): Where is she?

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh man, lucky-duck Brynna! After Molly had barbies, never played with them, got rid of them when we moved, now Carrie is asking all the time "Mom, please get me barbies, pleeeeeeease!".

Looking forward to seeing you in a couple days!!

Tami said...

You should see Lauryn dancing around, humming the tune to 12 Dancing Princess. Then she grins at me and says "I dah-sing pih-cess!" How can you deny Carrie that?!? :)

See you soon! Can't wait to meet Liam.

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

I so enjoy hearing the fun things the children say! I can't post things my children say anymore. Our family sense of humor is just too weird and I'd rather keep my blog G-rated. ;-)

I am glad to have been spared Barbie MOVIES, though. Oy.