Monday, February 5, 2007

San Antonio Stockshow

Last week, my parents came down from Odessa and spent several days with us. The girls were ecstatic, of course.
On Friday while they were here, we all - except for Kelly - packed up and went to the San Antonio Stockshow. Fridays during the rodeo are dollar days, so it's alot cheaper to go then. But it was cold - stayed in the mid 40's the whole time we were there. But the girls got to see HORSES!
OK, there were other things besides horses there.

We also went to the petting zoo.

Lauryn finally even loosened up to touch a few of the animals.
Before we left, we went to the jousting demonstration put on in one of the horse barns.
This horse is the "little" brother to the tallest horse in the world - also at the stockshow - at almost 20 hands tall.
And of course, after we left, the sun came out and the day warmed up into the upper 50s. Sigh. At least we beat the crowd. :)

3 comments:

Cottle Clan Dobermans said...

Once the baby gets a little bigger, come by and I will saddle up Sandy I's for the girls to actually get ON a horse-hehe. I should send you my begining training journal beforehand and give them a lesson on tack and so forth. Let me know when you will be heading to Abilene and have a spare afternoon.

Candace/Chloe said...

What fun! One of these days we will make it to the Stock show and Rodeo!

And Lora, can we come too! ;-)

Cindee said...

I talked to Shannon last night. She asked me when I thought we should all go to the rodeo. We couldn't remember if there were 2 or 3 Friday's left. Well, there are three including tomorrow. It's suppose to be pretty cool tomorrow. What d'ya say we shoot for next Friday?