Sunday, February 18, 2007

San Antonio Rodeo

A couple of weeks ago I wrote about how we took the girls to the San Antonio Stockshow. Well, yesterday it was Kelly's and my turn - only we had tickets to the rodeo. It has become a yearly tradition for the two of us to go the Xtreme Bulls night at the rodeo - all bull riding all the time, or almost all. And this year it was at 1:00 in the afternoon, but nevertheless, the tradition must go on!

So yesterday the babysitter came over, and off we went. It is always nice to get away just the two of us, especially since we only get to do that 3-4 times a year (I love all those marriage books that insist on weekly dates - who are they kidding!?!). If you enjoy the bull riding this is definitely the time to go. But I think our favorite part was the "Mutton Bustin.'" Children ages 4-8 are allowed to climb on the back of a sheep which then races out of the gate towards the other end of the arena. Whoever hold on the longest wins. They were really cute.

Then we went out to eat ALL BY OURSELVES. We didn't have to cut up anyone else's food. We didn't have to clean up spilt milk. We got to have entire conversations UNINTERRUPTED. I can't decide which was better: that, or the unending supply of Dr. Pepper the waitress kept bringing me. Then we came home to happy, fed children, and a clean kitchen. So, thank you Bethany for making it all possible. next time I'll remember to have some soda in the house for you. :)

3 comments:

Cottle Clan Dobermans said...

Boy, I sure hope this wasn't the first time for you guys to get out since I was there! You need to get out at least quarterly. Jeremiah and I are in need of getting out ourselves, but I currently have to "milk the baby" leaving me with something attached to my "milk jugs" as the kids so loveingly refer to my nursing paraphernalia. Anyway, let me know if we need to make another trip to SA so you guys can go out on a date lol.

Tami said...

Actually it WAS the first time since you were here. But we had intended to go to Kelly's company Christmas party in December. I bought an outfit, had my hair nearly fixed the night of, and it started sleeting. That was the final straw. The girls had ALL woken up sick that morning, the babysitter wasn't doing too well because of a bad reaction to a bee sting earlier that week, so when it started sleeting, Kelly called the whole thing off.

Aren't kids funny? I love it - milk jugs! Like they are old enough to remember what milk jugs are!

Cottle Clan Dobermans said...

lol yes they also refer to the milk as "milkshake" Jeremy still asks me every now and then why the baby gets to have milkshakes anytime she wants and he doesn't. I guess that is why when I tried to explain to him how she got the milk out I used a straw in the analogy.

As for getting out, I think you made the right call it wouldn't be worth it in the sleet. Sorry it didn't work out for you yet glad you at least had it planned hehe.