Thursday, July 5, 2007

Lunch Idea

Any mommies out there looking for a delicious, quick, low-cal idea for lunch?

Get a package of "Flat Out Multi Grain Wraps" (I haven't seen these at HEB, only Wal-mart). 100 calories each but with a yummy, nutty flavor.

Get a package of cream cheese (I get fat-free) and make a spread out if it. I add 2 Tbsp dijon mustard and 1 Tbsp honey to 1 package cream cheese. This keeps in a plastic container in the fridge for a while. (BTW, I borrowed this idea from a Pampered Chef recipe card I've had for years.)

After spreading the wrap with the cream cheese mixture, add lean lunch meat. My current favorites are rotisserie chicken and smoked turkey breast.

Top with a large handful or two of either lettuce or, like me, just grab out of the bagged salad I always keep in the fridge. Roll it up and you have a filling wrap with lean protein and the equivalent of a large salad with less that 300 calories. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Oh, that sounds yummy! Thanks for the recipe!

Candace/Chloe said...

And for a southwest spin on that, we use about a tablespoon of taco seasoning in the cream cheese. We use whole wheat or spinach tortillas and then we thin slice tomatoes and onion and just throw baby spinach in there too (along with lean turkey breast). Yummy!

We also borrowed the recipe from Pampered Chef.