Wednesday, August 20, 2008

More Conversations with a Three Year Old

Lauryn, who has gotten in trouble numerous times for playing in the water in the bathroom sinks, had been running the water a little too long the other morning. When I went in to tell her that she had washed her hands long enough, she told me,

"Mama, I was not playing in the water. I was killing the bubbles from the soap!"

**********

"Mama, Can I play a game?"

"What do you want to play?"

"I wanna play Hungry, Hungry Pickles!"

**********

The other day Lauryn wandered in while I was watching a men's diving competition from the Olympics. Lauryn sits down on the floor, proclaiming,

"Cool! I would want to do that!"

After watching for a minute or two, she turned to me with a worried expression, "But, Mama, I wouldn't want to get my panties wet!" (I couldn't help laughing when I explained that those weren't their panties, but their swim suits.)

*********

At the dinner table, the girls were discussing which bug they would want to be if they were to become a bug for a day.

Lauryn: "I don't know. Hmmmm. (Cocks her head and thinks for a minute.) I don't know, but I'd want to be a biting one!