Saturday, August 9, 2008

The Snips Heard 'Round the World

Or at least all around the house.

These are our two oldest girls, Kora (11.5) and Aubrey (9.5). This what they looked like Thursday afternoon.

This is what they looked like 30 minutes later.

CJ, Aubrey did this just for you - you've always wanted to trade hair, so now it is your turn to cut about 12 inches off!!
Actually, the girls are going to send in the ponytails to Locks of Love, to be made into wigs for kids who have lost their hair.


And the girls are still amazed at how easy and quick it is to wash and brush their hair now. But I'm still doing a double take every time I look at them. So many times I have wanted to cut their hair; but now, I'm a little sad.

Now for something totally unconnected to haircuts. Ashlynn! My dad requested some new pictures of Ashlynn, so here goes!




More pics of the three other kids tomorrow. And coming soon, our anniversary date and other changes around the house!

4 comments:

shelley said...

The girls looks GREAT! They kept commenting to me last night things like "It's so nice not to have to worry about getting hair in my food!" or "The bad thing is it won't stay behind my shoulders when I load the dishwasher!" Too cute.

dirksgirl said...

what sweet and generous girls!

Tiffany said...

I love the new dos!
How cool that they are donating the hair. Awesome!

VLS said...

Coming from a person who NEEDED some hair this time last year----I am so proud of you two for making this sacrifice so some other girls can have your beautiful hair! You look so cute and stylish! Love you so much, Granny!!!