Thursday, August 21, 2008

Violet

Remember Kora's doll? Well, Kora has been working on a dress for her off and on for quite some time (we put it aside for several months at the end of the pregnancy and the first few months Ashlynn was here). This was her first item that she made from pattern to completion. She cut it out, She stitched, she gathered, she hemmed, she pressed seams, she did the hand work.
She finished it last night. Kora is also the photographer!
Back views.

Here you can see the front of the dress without the shawl. The sleeves have a double layer of lace.

Next step: making a skirt for herself. Aubrey is nearly finished with a dress for her doll as well. I have to go get some silk flowers for her dress. When she gets them on, I'll post a picture of that.

4 comments:

VLS said...

Kora, you did a terrific job on Violet's dress. I am so proud of you. You will use sewing all your life, for fun and necessity and sharing with others. I love the color of "Violet's" dress, too! Love you!

shelley said...

How fun! When I was 8 and 9 I made doll cloths all the time! It's such a fun passtime. Keep up the good work!

Candace/Chloe said...

Well done, Kora!!!

Very beautiful!

Tiffany said...

Rock on, Kora! So awesome, does it come in my size?