Saturday, December 27, 2008

Stickin' Close to Home

Unusually, no one in our family has left the house much in the last few days. Kelly has been off from work, which is a good thing since he and Brynna have had a Christmas cold that they have been doing their best to spread to the rest of us. Kora, Aubrey, and I have all been fighting off symptoms, but so far we haven't given in. Lauryn and Hailey seem to be okay so far. Ashlynn is not sleeping very well at night, which isn't helping Kelly or I either one.

So between the fevers, coughs, runny noses, and new toys, no one has wanted to go much of anywhere. We've watched a lot of movies, played some games, and put away most of the Christmas stuff. While I love Christmas trees, Advent calendars, etc., once Christmas is over, I can't wait to get the extra stuff out of my house. A house with six children in it has enough clutter.

So, no stores, no after Christmas sales, nothing. But starting Monday, assuming this cold bug doesn't get the better of me, I am starting in on some house cleaning and organizing. Usually I do that over the summer, but I was too busy recovering from childbirth. Oh, and redecorating. I also need to do some school planning for the next semester.

Hopefully I won't be taking care of anymore sick kids instead!

No comments: