Friday, July 10, 2009

Marie Madeline: Gracie Ruffle Skirt

I've actually done some sewing lately! There was once a time when I sewed 15-20 hours a week; when I sewed virtually all the girls' clothes, especially in the spring/summer. But then I had a third baby. And then a fourth. And I started homeschooling...

Anyway, so I usually sew in fits and spurts these days. But I saw these skirts earlier this spring and fell in love. They are so cute! And since each ruffle uses just a little fabric, and you can mix and match, it was a great way to use up some of my fabric stash, which is quite impressive, though I don't think I've bought any for 4-5 years.

Here's Kora's. Some of this fabric actually came from Hawaii!
This one is Hailey's.
They love how "twirly" they are.
Of course, now the other three want one too. :-) If you go to the Marie Madeline site, you can buy the pattern there (as far as I am aware, that is the only place you can buy them). They also sell some cute, cute fabric, though I didn't buy any. If you don't sew, you can also buy them pre-made. But this is really a very basic pattern, with nothing but straight lines, gathering, and a casing for the elastic waist. If you're looking for a fairly easy pattern to make your daughter a skirt, this is it!

No comments: