Thursday, January 11, 2007

Are you crazy? Why, yes I am!

A new definition of insane:

Complete all the following activities in an ELEVEN DAY PERIOD:

*start a new blog,
*have company for 6 days, including 2 adults and 2 children, (love you guys!)
*plan a semester of school work for 3 kids,
*start back teaching school with 3 kids (in three different grades) after a 3 week break,
*plan a birthday/tea party for several 8-10 year olds at your house,
*organize a meeting with your homeschool group,
*help organize the standardized testing for said group,
*start planning for conference in February,
*organize, fill out, and distribute paperwork for the Six Flags Reading Program for said group,
*research and buy a digital camera and figure it out in time for aforementioned party,
*do all baking for same party,
*try to get in touch with eBay seller from whom daughter bought doll,
*filing Paypal dispute with an eBay seller who won't ship item purchased,
*start reorganizing chore schedule for whole household, and
*clean downstairs carpet with Bissell Carpet Cleaner.

All while taking care of 5 children, cooking 3 meals a day, keeping the house, checking email, oh yeah, and paying attention to my husband every once in a while. Whew! How is it that things always seem to happen like this - "when it rains, it pours."

Now don't get me wrong I have loved every minute of it - except for the whole eBay/Paypal dispute. But for those of you who call and ask how I am, and I answer, "busy" - now you know.

2 comments:

Cottle Clan Dobermans said...

Deep breaths, my friend, deep deep breaths!

Stephanie said...

Yes, they always DO come in frantic spurts like that, don't they? I think I'll try to be a little more thankful that I'm mostly sitting around waiting...