Monday, January 15, 2007

Kora's Birthday Party

Usually we celebrate family birthdays quietly, with the birthday child's choice of dinner and cake type and ice cream flavor. Since Kora just turned 10, we decided to do what we haven't done in several years - host a big birthday party for her friends. Although Kora's birthday was actually a couple of weeks ago, we hosted a Birthday Tea Party on Saturday, so that we weren't trying to host a party in the midst of the holidays. Kelly and the girls helped me get the house all clean and the dining room all decorated and set for her guests.
When the girls arrived we decorated straw hats and made bead jewelry.


Then came tea time!


Tea and hot chocolate, cake and cookies were enjoyed by all.



And in keeping with the theme, the cake was a hat, decorated just like the girls' hats.
I hope all the girls had as much fun as mine did. After it was all done, Kora told me, referring to having a big birthday party, "I can see why you don't want to do this several times a year!" Yes it was a lot of work, but also alot of fun. Thanks to everyone who came!

5 comments:

Granny said...

Granny, with her pinkie appropriately high in the air, congratulates you all for keeping this wonderful tradition alive :-)

Candace/Chloe said...

Great pictures, Tami! Thanks for having Celeste.....she had a great time!

Kristen said...

Ok, I will not let Molly see this post or these pics...she might get ideas. And she's handicapped by a mother who would botch that job from the get-go. Nice work Tami, I'm jealous of your talent!

dirksgirl said...

I wish I was 10!

Cottle Clan Dobermans said...

What a great party! I never had a tea party myself,maybe next round when you have a "comming of age" party, I could get an invite. I sure would hate for Jules to come of age before me and I would certainly hate not to come of age before I die-LOL!