Friday, March 23, 2007

Isn't it romantic. . .

Actual Conversation in the housefullofgirls:

Aubrey: When I grow up, I want to move to Montana.

Kora: Well, it depends. You may not if you get married to someone in the Air Force. If you do, you'll have to go wherever the Air Force tells you to go.

Aubrey: Yeah, but since we don't know who we're marrying yet, we don't know where we'll live.

Kora: Yeah, because it's not like we can go ask someone to marry us.

Aubrey: No, we just have to wait around waiting for someone else to ask us. It's like sitting around waiting for someone to offer us food.

(Me in the next room, trying to not let them see me eavesdropping or hear me holding back barks of laughter.)

4 comments:

Kim said...

Hmmm....Marriage is to food as _______is to _______ (I never was any good as these things!)

Tami said...

I think it was more of the picture in their minds of just sitting around waiting until someone dropped out of the blue and asked her to get married, like she's sitting at a restaurant, wondering which waiter is coming to get her order. Like she has nothing to do with the process, and she just has to sit politely, just like when you are a guest at someone's house and are not supposed to ask for anything to eat, but wait to be offered.

I think also you had to just hear the very dry, wry voice Aubrey used. I can't imagine where she'd get a dry wit from. :)

Candace/Chloe said...

That is so cute! These things we ponder.......

Ryan said...

My question is, where did that logic go when we became adults?