Saturday, May 3, 2008

Back to Life, Back to Reality

Ooh sorry. Bad 80's, junior high flash back.

But my mom has left, so in many ways, it is back to reality for me. Of course it is a new reality which involves interrupted nights and lots of time sitting and nursing. But my time of being completely spoiled is over. Not only did my mom's presence allow me to sleep as late as possible in the mornings, she would have breakfast made for the kids and me each morning, and not only made dinner each night, but made many of my favorite desserts.

But she left yesterday after spending nearly 2 weeks here. I can't express how thankful I am for a mom who has the freedom to do that, and a dad who doesn't mind her leaving him for two weeks like that. Thank you both, and I love you!

So today I had to go grocery shopping, as it's back into the kitchen for me, although the girls will be helping out quite a bit. And I have to say that so far, Ashlynn is my easiest going baby. She's very content, a good nurser, and a great sleeper. She's also the most adorable baby ever. Hands down, no competition. Just ask her older sisters. :-)

1 comment:

Cottle Clan Dobermans said...

I am so happy you had your mother. I know my mother would love to do the same but it just isn't possible and so I have never had this experience of being "spoiled" after a baby. Isn't it amazing the power of prayer? For 2 weeks your body has had a chance to heal while you were mentally peaceful knowing your children were not neglected;rather, being very well cared for. And to top that off, nursing is going well! Thank You Father for your mercy and grace! I will continue to pray that things go well as you adjust to the renewed responsibilities over the next few week! I cannot wait to see you all!