Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Guess who we had to call today?

Yep, one of the large burners on my stove top has turned traitor on me and refuses to steam another broccoli floret - or anything else for that matter. Since the parts are still under warranty, the repairman is about the same cost as the parts are, so it makes no sense for Kelly to try to fix it. For which I am sure he is grateful. :)

When we bought this house almost 4 years ago, we paid for the upgrade to the highest Maytag appliances (stove, microwave/hood, and dishwasher) we could without going to stainless steel. Within a year the microwave needed to be repaired (it quit while we had company of course). We replaced the dishwasher over a year ago because it kept breaking, and didn't wash that well anyway. And now my range. Sigh. The non-thrifty part of me almost wishes it too had completely died so I could have bought one of these:

Not what would be in my dream kitchen, but hey! this is the only way I could get a double oven in the one I have now. I do so much baking and cooking that I am seriously drooling over a double oven. Better yet, maybe I need to get a freestanding convection oven like my MIL has and keep it on the back porch during the heat of the summer. Hmmmm....

3 comments:

Granny said...

Personally, I think that any burner refusing to steam a broccoli floret should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

And...I'm thinking about getting one of the double ovens, too...which brand is that one?

Tami said...

Not sure what I ended up with in the pic. GE, Jenn-air and Maytag all make one, although our experience with the Maytags makes me want to shy away from that one. I'd be interested in what consumer reports has to say about them all. I wish Kenmore made one.

I wish I could really think of getting one. I am always making bread at dinner or potatoes that need to be at a different temp. as the main dish. But I did find a convention oven similar to my MIL's at Best Buy. I might could swing one. But if this range ever does go out, I am definitely getting a double!

Kristen said...

Someday I'm gonna have a double oven too, and would also love a convection. I spend a lot of time just scheduling the different items that need to go in the oven each day. Blah.