Monday, April 23, 2007

You live in a zoo.. and you look like one too

Earlier today it hit me: we really do live in something resembling a zoo. Maybe it was the puppy dog crawling around my feet that made me think so.

Or perhaps it was the parakeet flying around (the friends we had dinner with yesterday have a pet parakeet and the girls are now captivated).















Are there spiders in a zoo? (This one's for you, Kim.)

And of course there are always horses!

Kora is actually showing signs of being human,

although we have been accused of growing a giant (she's nearing 5 foot tall even though she just turned 10 and is often mistaken for a 12-13 year old). But I measured today, and Brynna and Hailey are even TALLER than she was at their perspective ages. And Hailey is as tall as Aubrey was at age 7! (Hailey is barely 4.5). As it stands now, she is just the right size for a tall Hobbit. :)

2 comments:

Candace/Chloe said...

Beautiful, sweet girls!!! What cute pictures!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

What lovely young ladies! Tell them being tall is very cool. You can pull off a lot more lovely fashions! ;-)

You know, blogging amazes and delights me. I wish we had it when my children were little. I know there are so many clever things they said and cute things they did that I thought I'd never forget that are lost. I'm in the process of scanning my negatives from years gone by and there are some that trigger memories. And most make me smile. I'm excited to get the images stored a little more safely than the negatives!