Wednesday, April 18, 2007

WFMW: baking powder

If the brand of baking powder you buy doesn't come with a built in leveler like some do, you can make your own! When you open a new container of baking powder, use a knife to cut the protecting seal all the across the center, and then tear off only half of it. This still leaves you plenty of room to get a measuring spoon in there, plus something to level the spoon off with as you bring out the spoon.

In case anyone needed a picture to visualize this, I took a picture of my current baking powder container, much to the amusement of my children, who could not imagine why I would do such a crazy thing. I love these huge containers of baking powder from Sam's because, did I mention that I bake? A LOT! Works for me!

3 comments:

Susan @ FruitfulWords said...

Thanks for taking the photo - it helped me "see" what you are saying. Great tip.

The Proverbs Wife said...

Great idea.

Heart of Wisdom said...

Nifty baking tip. Thanks.

My WFMW is about vinegar.
http://heartofwisdom.com/heartathome