Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Price matching

UPDATE: CVS has milk for $2.49/gallon. If you take the flyer to Walmart be sure you get the Oak Farms brand milk since that is shown in the picture. If you go to CVS you need the Extracare card.

I suppose most of you know that many stores will match the prices in competitor's ads. Well, if you live in San Antonio, don't throw away the La Fiesta flyer from today. While I would probably never shop there, I have used their flyers to get items at Walmart for their lose leaders' prices.

Today, they have:
Seven bone Chuck roast for $1.47/lb (limit 2 with $10 purchase)
Russet potato 5 lb bags for $0.99 each
strawberries for $1.38/lb
Oak Farms half gallon ice cream for $1.00 each
Borden gallon orange juice $2.44
Suave 15 oz. shampoo for $0.77

and probably others I missed. Just take the flyer with you when you check out at Walmart and give them the flyer, showing them the price, and they will adjust the price. Just make sure that if the flyer lists a brand or shows a brand in the picture that it has to be the exact same thing. Believe me, I had to carry 4 gallons of milk across Walmart one time because I had picked up Walmart brand milk when the ad was for Borden. :)

Does anyone know of HEB price matches as well? I'd much rather get any produce from there.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Don't forget that Wal-Mart price matching is for everything! One day we brought in an ad for AutoZone for cheap oil and filters. The funny thing was watching the cashier try to figure out what the right price was. I think they ended up getting it wrong and gave us an even better deal in the end.

Tiffany said...

Ive never used the price matching thing. Seriously, all you do is bring in the competitors ad and they will alter the price? Without hassle?

Candace/Chloe said...

As far as I know, Tami, HEB does not price match! Thanks for the great tips!

Tami said...

The only "hassle" I have ever gotten was when I picked up the wrong brand - like with the milk. Which is ironic because since Walmart milk is cheaper than Broden they wouldn't lost less $ if they had let me get it. But if the ad calls for a brand, you have to be getting that exact brand (and size if specified). But if it just says "strawberries" you can get whatever they have.

One time a cashier didn't know how to change it, but she just asked her supervisor and she showed her how to do it. I've used CVS and Walgreens adds there, as well as La Fiesta and probably others I can't think of. Saves gas from going from store to store.

Tiffany said...

Awesome, thanks Tami!