Sunday, April 29, 2007

I know, I know, it has been 3 days...

Sorry for the lack of posts the past few days - I've had a cold and so haven't done much of anything until today. Kelly has it now, so hopefully it will be short-lived for him as well.

My mother-in-law's surgery was finally set this week. She will be having a "modified radical mastectomy" on May 14 at noon. I know a great many of you have been praying for her and my father-in-law for several months now while she has been undergoing chemotherapy. She is very grateful to have that behind her, but she still has a hard row to hoe with at least 2-3 surgeries in the next several months as well as radiation. We would appreciate your continued prayers for her as well as the rest of the family as we make plans to help Kelly's parents through this time.

We are coming up on the end of our school year as well as the end of scouts for the year. We only have two more weeks of both. Then scouts will be taking a break from regular meetings until September, although there are always activities interspersed throughout the summer months. We will take off school until sometime in July. Which means this is one of my favorite times of the year - time to evaluate the year just ended and make plans for the upcoming year. I'll be making curriculum orders soon. Later this week, I'm hoping to post more about some of what I'm doing.

Kelly and nearly every male that attends our church will be going on a camping trip this coming weekend. Then the rest of us will be joining them on Sunday morning for an outdoor worship service and meal together. My daughters are a little disappointed that they aren't included in this, but it will a wonderful time for the men and men-in-training of the church to spend time together. I'm sure I can think of a few things to make it up to the girls. ;)

No comments: