Saturday, November 17, 2007

A first for our family

Two weeks ago when I packed for our trip to go to my grandfather's funeral, we had a first in our house.

For the first time since 1996, I didn't pack a single diaper, pull-up, or wipe. Yep, that's right. For almost 11 years straight we have had someone in diapers of some kind.

We actually had a month or two with no one in diapers during the day. Aubrey was already two when Brynna was born, and had been potty trained during the day for a month or two before Brynna came along. But she still needed a diaper or pull-up at night and nap time. And that's it.

Lauryn potty trained back in April or May during the day, but finally was able to go without anything while sleeping about a month or so ago. It feels weird not having to buy something in that aisle of the grocery store.

I guess I should enjoy that while i can, as that will change again in just a few months. :-)

No comments: