Thursday, November 29, 2007

Wrapping Gifts, Maternity Addition

This really has nothing to do with traditions, but I've spent quite a bit of time wrapping presents today, so it's on my mind.

I had forgotten how much wrapping gifts makes my back hurt, especially with a pregnant belly sticking out in front of me. So today I thought I would get smart. I got my cutting board I use to cut out fabric and spread it on my bed. For those of you who have never seen our bedroom furniture, we have a very tall bed, with a very thick mattress on top. The top of our mattress reaches my waist - or where my waist would be if it weren't for this baby sticking out front of me. This brought the job up to a much more comfortable level. My back still aches, but not as badly. The only disadvantage is that my reach isn't what it used to be because my belly runs into the bed. :-)

I'm also stealing an idea from my friend Cathi. We've already had a snooping incident this year, so when I label the gifts I am using pseudonyms. Cathi gave each of her kids a reindeer name last year, but I am using the names from the 12 Dancing Princesses. And I won't tell them who is who until Christmas Day. Hopefully this will keep them from knowing which packages to snoop. :-)

No comments: