Friday, November 23, 2007

I'm this many!


Happy Birthday, Lauryn! Lauryn is three years old today! Yes, we just had a birthday on Monday as Lauryn was born four days after Aubrey's 6th birthday. So tonight we will have a double birthday celebration, with cake, ice cream (yes in spite of the cold weather!) and lots of presents.

Lauryn has been a special child, forging her own way, making her own mark in our larger-than-normal family. She was our first home birth. She was also our biggest baby by far - 10 lbs. 10 oz., 23 in. long! Yes, her middle name could have been ouch! Of course the fact that she was ten days late (!!!) I'm sure added to the size.

She makes us laugh every day. Every meal right now is "supper." She gets up in the morning asking me, "What's for supper?"

"You mean breakfast?" I ask.

"Yeah, bekfast. Ah we habing (are we having) Mack-a-meal?" (Malt-o-meal, her favorite breakfast)

She also insists that she only be called by her name Lauryn. If you compliment her, telling her what a good girl she is, or a big girl, or that she's cute, she responds like this:

"I not a big girl, I Wauwyn!" (The "L" and "r" in her name both come out sounding like "w's")

"I not coot (cute), I Wauwyn!"

And right now she is constantly asking what time it is. She copies everything anyone says, including Hailey's phonics lesson - hey maybe she'll learn right along with her, and I can get two for one!

Happy Birthday, my sweet Lauryn!
Sisters!

1 comment:

Candace/Chloe said...

Happy birthday, Cutie Pie! Oh, I mean "Wauwyn"!

Too sweet!