Saturday, May 26, 2007

Did you miss me as much as I missed you?

So Kelly is home, and what does that man who has traveled to the opposite corner of the country receive upon his return? Me, informing him that the dryer he has just fixed 8 days ago stopped in the middle of drying towels and now won't start again. And first thing this morning, he is greeted by two of our daughters throwing up, one all over the carpet.

We were supposed to go to a cookout with our homeschool group this evening. However, by the time we got the mess cleaned up this morning, I had to go across town to get dryer parts, so Kelly could get the dryer running so we could do vomit-stained laundry. By the time I got done with all that I wasn't feeling that great myself. Plus I'm emotionally exhausted from the last three week of ending school, scouts awards, packing, cleaning, preparing for conference, traveling, surgeries, cooking for in-laws, traveling some more, working on my feet at the conference, and then single parenting for the last week. And I think my asthma or something is acting up. My chest has been aching some and I feel a little light headed at times.

So I didn't go. I hope you guys had a great time and had a good turn out. I missed you guys, but after the last two weeks, I think we needed an evening at home, all together.

I know this in my head, but I hate it when I get like this. Somehow, I always feel that I shouldn't let things get to me, and I should be strong enough to handle all the little things. I get this feeling like everything's spun out of control, and I MUST GET BACK ON TOP OF THINGS. Seems like everytime I get like this, my body will call a halt to things. I think it must be God's way of reminding me that I'm not in control in the first place, and that I am relying on myself too much and not on Him. And I think I may be finally learning that God designed us to need rest. I'm not usually really good about that. There's always more to be done, and I have an abhorrence of even the appearance of being lazy. Not a good combination for my personality. Maybe one day I'll learn to pace myself more during these high stress times.

No comments: