Friday, May 25, 2007

The Surprise

Actually, it was a double surprise as I'll explain. The surprise I had planned was to take all the girls to see an early showing (as in 9:30 am.) of Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. Public schools are still in session here, so I figured that this early, the theater would be less crowded. And I was right about that. It was far less than half full.

My friend Aubrey offered to keep Lauryn for us, so that was the double surprise. I am very grateful, as the movie turned out to be longer (168 minutes) than I thought. Not sure how that wiggly girl would have done. So thank you, Aubrey!

My girls really liked the movie. I haven't decided what I think of it. It was so different than I expected, that I am still mulling it over. I think I may have to see it again just to catch everything and really decide. :) But it has everything you'd expect from a Pirates of the Caribbean movie: lots of fighting, some explosions, visual effects, a little romance, and a little bit of the macabre. And I won't say anymore, except that the ending was unexpected, at least for me.

2 comments:

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Tami,

We LOVED it. There were some surprises, not all good, definitely. Did you stay past the credits for the final scene. I totally called that one. ;-) We went to the 9pm show last night in Loveland since we're in Estes Park this weekend. We got tickets online otherwise we'd have never made it in.

I loved the multiple Jack Sparrow scenes. Can never get too much Jack! ;-)

Tami said...

No we didn't. Aubrey told me about it later. I figure Kelly and I will go see it, so I'll stay then.