Friday, May 4, 2007

I just have to brag a little...

on my 10 year old daughter Kora. A few days ago, she completed The Lord of the Rings trilogy. And no, I don't mean the movies. She read Tolkien's Fellowship of the Ring, Two Towers, and The Return of the King in just under three weeks.

When she first approached me, asking if she could check them out from the library, I was skeptical. I told her that I thought they would be too hard for her, that they were quite a bit more difficult than The Hobbit. But if she wanted to try she could. But if she struggled or didn't like it, we'd put it aside for a year or two. Well, after reading Fellowship, she informed me, "Mama, this isn't nearly as hard as you made it out to be. I was expecting it to be much harder."

Next year: War and Peace.

Oh, wait. Then I would have to read it too...

No comments: