Thursday, May 17, 2007

Updates on just about everything

My mother-in-law's surgery went very well. She is now home recovering and so far everything has gone textbook perfectly. In fact the breast surgeon originally wanted her to stay a 3rd night, but she had done so well, they let her go home after 2 nights. For which she is very thankful. She rests at home much better than at the hospital.

Before Kelly and I went up to the Dallas area to be with his parents, we met my parents so that they could take our girls home with them for a week. We miss them greatly, but they are having a wonderful time! Kora and Aubrey have learned to ride bicycles, they have done some gardening, had a lemonade party, and took a day trip to Carlsbad Caverns. We are more than ready to have them home though - it is so empty and quiet around here without them!

Tomorrow and Saturday I will be manning a booth at the FEAST Homeschool Conference and Bookfair as a parent representative for Edu-Track, a software program for lesson planning, record keeping, transcript making, and assignment sheets, and much more. So if you are coming to the conference, come by and say hi! So while I work at this on Saturday, Kelly will be meeting my parents halfway to get our girls back.

Speaking of my husband, I am so excited - he fixed our dryer today! It has really been a time for things breaking down around here, and a couple weeks ago our dryer started squeaking. The bearings were worn completely out. But he took the thing apart, cleaned it out really well, put the new parts in, and had it all put back together by the time I got home from setting my booth up! Major husband points for you, Kelly!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Thanks for the update! I'm so thankful things went so well! Does she anymore Chemo after this?

Wish I was stopping by the booth to see you tomorrow!

Tami said...

No, she is done with chemo! She still has to have radiation, the reconstruction surgery, and 9 months of a drug called Herceptin, which I understand is a gene therapy drug that works on the type of receptors she has, since her type of cancer is not hormone receptive. So she still has quite a long road to go, but 2 of the major obstacles are behind her.

dirksgirl said...

Go Kelly! Im callin him when my dryer starts squeaking.

Kristen said...

Does the dryer repair man commute?

Tami said...

Actually, Kris, he will be in your general vicinity on MOnday for just long enough to change planes (TDY to Rome, NY). Other than that, no he does not commute to VA, unless he agrees to take me with him! ;)