Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Light at the End of the Tunnel

I have had several people check in with us, and I really appreciate it. We seem to be on the downward side of this nasty bug. I have NEVER seen my kids this sick before. Brynna and Hailey got so bad that I had to take them in to a clinic yesterday for IV fluids. At one point we thought Brynna might have to be hospitalized, she just could not keep anything down and was quite lethargic. But the clinic gave her two bags of IV fluids, and two different anti-nausea medicines until we found one that worked. This seems to have finally gotten her over the hump.

So we were all able to get a pretty decent amount of sleep last night. No one threw up in the night, or even needed medicine. We still have one or two running a low grade fever, and everyone is pretty wiped out, but I think we are going to make it.

If you live in San Antonio, there is a pediatric urgent care clinic at Bandera and 1604 called Little Spurs Urgent Care Clinic and I highly recommend them. Seems we lived up there this weekend. But they took very good care of us. They also take most insurances, and are far cheaper than the ER. They are also open 7 days a week, which is good because stuff like this NEVER happens during the week!

1 comment:

Cottle Clan Dobermans said...

What an ordeal! I am so thankful you are coming to the end of it!