Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I swear, my body thinks I am further along than I really am.

Which is ridiculous for me to say. I think I am more likely to have a boy than I am to have a baby early. (Well, maybe not, but you get the idea?)

OK, but my body acts like I am about 4 weeks further along than I really am. I've been nauseous for a few weeks - just like towards the end. The fatigue has been there in mega doses. Over the weekend, I've dropped even more. And I've been having those low, low abdominal cramps, often like I do after say a pelvic exam in the last couple of weeks of a pregnancy. And there is lots of pressure (I'll stop there as I know that I have a few male readers).

Now I am used to basically being in latent labor the last four weeks of my pregnancy. After all, I am usually dilated to a 5-7 before I even go into labor. While this makes for a very short active labor (usually 2-3 hours), it make for a long, uncomfortable month leading up to D-day. So these feelings are not unusual to me.

BUT, I still have over 7 weeks to go. I have never gone more than a day early! So this seems a little weird to me. My husband thinks I might actually go early this time. I, in my normal pessimistic nature, think I'll just be uncomfortable longer than I have before.

So have any of you ladies ever had these latent labor signs this early (32 weeks) and NOT gone early? Chime in and let me know how crazy I am. Really. It'll help distract me. And maybe I won't get my hopes up.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Everyone is different, but during my fourth pregnancy, I had a lot of Braxton-Hicks contractions from the third month on. Those contractions changed to much stronger contractions during the last month. The night of my due date, I had the first of two nights of VERY painful contractions 45 minutes or so apart, and then in the morning they'd completely stop for the entire day. Mandy was born three days after my due date. It was frustrating - I was SO anxious to get it over with!

Tami said...

Yes I've been having Braxton-Hicks contractions since I was 15 weeks, but these are different. These are the lower uterine contractions that I usually don't have until the last 3-4 weeks. And they get stronger when I'm exercising and in the evenings. Weird, huh?

Cottle Clan Dobermans said...

Actually, Tami, that isn't so weird. I have had that with all 3 or mine. Yes I get Braxton's early to, but at about 30-32 weeks I start with a stronger lower contraction myself and begin feeling pressure. My babies always drop halfway down shortly after and sit there making like near unbearable. If I exercise, they intensify to the point I have to catch my breath and they quicken a great deal too. You will have to be very careful as this is an early sign of pre-term labor which I actually completely went into with our first at 29 weeks. I ended up in the hospital for 4 days and beadrest afterwards. Listen to your body and slow down when when they get going too strong. For the record I have had 3 early babies even though one was only one day early so be prepared. But, if you watch it you can hold off full labor for 8 weeks easily if you want to!