Friday, February 15, 2008

Whole Hearted Moms/ Half Hearted Dads

Don't expect any posts for a few days - I'm off for the weekend. Every year a group of ladies from our homeschool group travel up to Irving for the Whole Hearted Mothers conference/retreat. It's a fun time full of wonderful fellowship. The conference is geared towards stay-at-home moms and is intended to be a time of refreshment and inspiration in our calling as moms - as well as a nice break from household responsibilities.

So my wonderful husband has taken tomorrow off, and will be full time parent for our 5 girls for the weekend. A few years ago, one of my friend's husbands made a joke about the dads being the "half-hearted fathers" during this weekend. And while it makes a great joke, nothing could really be farther from the truth. Not only is Kelly taking a day off, paying for my trip, but is taking on a house full of estrogen by himself for three full days. I am so grateful for my husband who makes it possible for me to do this every year.

I'll remember it when he's gone on his next business trip!

No comments: