Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Live Blogging

I have already been asked if I will be "live blogging" my birth when it happens. While I love it when other women do it - although it does make me spend way too much time on the computer checking for updates - I doubt I will.

The simple reason is I have very short labors. And once labor starts I go straight to transition. My last labor began at 7:45 am when I woke up with the first contraction. It took me 30 minutes to figure out this was the real thing and not the false labor I had been having for weeks. She was born right at 10 am. By the time the midwife arrived at my house, my water had already broken and I was completely dilated. This is very common for me, so I doubt I'll have time to blog anything.

I might be able to post quickly that I am indeed in labor, and I'll have Kelly post after she is born - name, weight, and all those details. But I doubt there will be much more. I also usually go into labor around 2 or 3 am and have the baby around 5 am, so normally no one is awake when I labor - you'll just have to wake up and see the news. Of course, Lauryn didn't follow this pattern, so we will see.

No comments: