Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Long week

I have had several people ask me about Kelly, and so I thought I'd give an update.

I wish I had better news, but it has been a tough week for him. He was actually doing better right after surgery in some ways. He has had an extremely hard time sleeping the last 3 days or so. The pain from the stints is a real irritant, he has so much swelling and congestion in his nose and head that he feels like he has a bad cold or sinus infection, and now the pain medicine has started making him jittery and having insomnia - and insomnia has never been one of his problems! Usually he is asleep as soon as he gets horizontal, but not these days.

But, since he figured out last night that the narcotics are part of his problem, he will be only taking Tylenol now, so hopefully that will allow him to sleep. He is getting the stints removed tomorrow afternoon, and we were told the swelling and congestion should last 7-10 days, so we are hoping that should start resolving pretty soon as well. Then hopefully he can catch up on some sleep over the weekend so he can go back to work - right now his brain is so sleep deprived he really can't think straight.

The rest of us are doing ok. I've been pretty tired, so I am trying to rest up some, although that is hard with 5 kids in the house, being pregnant, and having to take care of everything myself. But we have had a few people from church bring us meals (thank you!) and had lots of people checking on us, so hopefully things will return to normal next week. Hopefully.

No comments: